- The Society serves the interests of doctors involved in reproductive science and medicine in South Africa.
- Affiliated to ESHRE IFFS ASGE AAGL SASOG and FIGO
- Distributes news on fertility and sterility related issues
- Runs conferences, workshops and other academic programmes
- Negotiates preferential pricing with the pharmaceutical industry
- Issues guidelines on controversial aspects of reproductive science
- Reviews legislation of the industry
- Arranges CPD Credits when appropriate
SASREG membership fees for 2020: R750 for Physicians and R400 for SCTN members.